This month I published an article on behalf of the Beverage Industry Networking Group (B.I.N.G.). The Oregon Beer Growler is a wonderful new publication that highlights the Oregon Craft Beer industry. Our group contributes a column each month that talks about the ‘business side’ of running a beverage business. This month, I made the case for why you should diversify your distribution and not just sell you beer in kegs or at your own brewpub.
Here is a brief summary of the article:
- Everything works a little – you need a mix of marketing tools
- Great Beer labels in the store allow you to show off your logo and build brand awareness
- Bottles allow you to ship your product to other geographic areas to find more customers
Once you decide you want to bottle, be sure to consider these issues:
- Proper material – specifically designed for a glass bottle
- Coordinate with your bottling service up front
- Confirm delivery time – schedules are often very tight
- Be sure to get the proper government approvals
If you want to learn more about the benefits of bottling, call us today.