Have you ever wondered how your label order goes from a mere idea to a tangible, beautifully printed label? If you’re considering ordering custom labels for your product, this post is for you. Let’s take a delightful journey together through the order flow at Rose City Label.
1. Get a Current Price Quote – Your First Step!
Before anything else happens, you need to get current pricing. For some of our regular customers, the pricing stays consistent, but if you only order occasionally, it is good to get a current, complete quotation:
- Decide on Specifications: Think about the size, color, design, material, and quantity of the labels you need.
- Submit Details: Using our online quote form or through direct consultation, provide all your label details and any special instructions.
- Receive Quote: We’ll then give you a price quote based on your requirements.
2. Submit Your PO – this is where the fun begins.
- Submit your written PO (if you use them), current Credit Card information (if not on N30 terms), and artwork.
- If it is a NEW or Changed order, please submit a high-resolution PDF or Adobe Illustrator files. If there are any edits to the artwork, please list those edits clearly.
- Pro-tip! Even if the artwork was submitted with the quote, it is very helpful to resubmit the most current, final artwork with your order.
- Once the order is entered, a workspace is created for any artwork needed, press time is reserved, and material is checked and ordered as needed.
3. New or changed item? Enter the Magical World of PDF Proofs
Once you’ve placed your order and handed over your design, you might wonder, “How will I know it will print the way I envisioned it?” Enter the world of PDF proofs!
- Proof Creation: Our amazing design team will prepare a PDF proof. This is a digital representation of how your label will look once printed.
- Your Approval: Review the proof thoroughly. Check every detail – colors, fonts, positions, and more. If something doesn’t look right or you change your mind about a detail, this your chance to let us know! Our priority is to get it just right for you!
- We can provide digital (Adobe-Sign) proofs for online approval, or you can print, sign, and return your proofs manually. It is critical that we get a signature on the proof itself, rather than just an email reply. We want to have the exact proof approved for you.
- If your order is DIGITAL, you may request a physical printed proof. This will be on your exact label stock, printed on our production press. This is nearly identical to the final label, but it isn’t varnished or die-cut. This is the final and most accurate way to approve your final label. This press proof adds time and cost but avoids big mistakes.
- If your order is TRADITIONAL, we can schedule an on-site press check to view the job on press, sign it off, and begin production right away. This is a great way to see the final product and protect yourself from problems.
- Finalization: Once you give the thumbs up, the design is locked in. We will now move forward with the actual printing process.
4. Processing & Printing – The Exciting Part!
This is where the magic really happens!
- Preparation: Rose City Label’s design team ensures your label is print-ready, considering factors like bleed, resolution, and color accuracy. Digital orders are sent directly to the press print for printing, die cutting, and any other embellishments. Traditional orders are sent to our in-house plate making department.
- Printing: Using top-notch machines and quality materials, your labels are printed with precision and care.
- Quality Check: Before anything gets sent out, a quality control team ensures everything looks as it should. We’re talking color, clarity, and overall awesomeness!
5. Your Beautiful Labels are on the Way!
With everything printed and checked, your labels are packaged and shipped to you. Before you know it, a package arrives at your office, filled with your gorgeous, custom-designed labels.
Only after the labels are printed, checked and shipped will you be invoiced. At that point, if you are paying by Credit Card, your card will be charged and an electronic receipt will be sent.
Ordering custom labels isn’t just about slapping a design on some material and hoping for the best. It’s a meticulous process that ensures your vision comes to life just as you imagined it. Next time you receive a custom label, take a moment to appreciate the journey it’s been on. And if you’re ready to start your own label journey, now you know just what to expect!